Wednesday 28 March 2012

Tattoos are for life, not just for fashion

Tattoos were once strictly for the wicked - bikers, ex-convicts and rebels of society displayed them with pride whilst the rest of us kept our skin peachy and bare. In 2012 however it's a different story, tattoos have risen from the fiery flames of hell right into the midst of a fashion trend.  

It’s almost a shock to meet somebody who hasn’t yet gone through the pain of ‘getting inked’ nowadays.  So it wasn’t a surprise when in 2010 tattoos hit the catwalk, with designers Jean Paul Gaultier, Chanel and Rodarte all on board it was bound to be a hit.  Chanel’s range of temporary tattoos meant that individuals no longer had to go through the pain of a tattooist needle to sport the latest body art trend, but that didn’t stop everyone. When did I get my first tattoo? 2010, at the tender age of 16, turns out I was easily influenced by fashion trends.  I wish I could say that I got my tattoo for me, personal reasons... but I’m not sure how convincing that is once you see the wonky star permanently etched onto my leg.  

Chanel temporary tattoos

Whilst other fashion trends fade out of memory and sight, tattoos are around for the long haul.  And perhaps the reason that they’re still popular today is purely because they’re permanent.   


Kate Moss' swallow tattoos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers